1. Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
2. Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
3. Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
4. Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
5. Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
6. Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
7. Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
8. Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
9. Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
10. Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
11. Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
12. Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
13. Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
14. Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
15. Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
16. Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
17. Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
18. Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area:Hotels, Restaurants
Role Category:Food & Beverage
Role:Chef De Partis
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:BHM - Hotel Management, Diploma - Hotel Management
CASINO AIR CATERERS FLIGHT SERVICES (CASINO AIR CATERERS AND FLIGHT SERVICES)